Giving Voice

Friday 29 July 2011

A little bit of Everything...

I’ve not written here for a few days as I’ve been looking after my little niece so I thought I’d post something before the weekend. A few things to update:

Unfortunately the appointment I arranged to meet a local councillor this afternoon was cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances (on the councillor’s part) so we have agreed to rearrange a suitable time.

I followed up two of my councillor letters by email this morning so hopefully I will hear from them soon J

I had an email from someone asking how to find out who your local MP is so thought I would share here how you do it in case anyone isn’t sure what to do J

Click on this link à http://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/ and search via constituency or your postcode J

This will tell you who your MP is, with contact details for Westminster and your Constituency. Good luck with contacting your MP (and don’t forget the mass mobilisation event in October!)

I was surprised and delighted to see that Giving Voice was mentioned in the Ashington Extra again this week (a couple of pages in) – it was very similar to what was on the front page last month. It seemed to be confused reporting though as it said I raised money for Giving Voice and the North East Trust for Aphasia. But it was still nice to see it in there seeing as I hadn't actually contacted them again.

Have a lovely weekend! J

No comments:

Post a Comment