Giving Voice

Tuesday 19 July 2011

Wansbeck Gala Day


On Sunday I held a stall at Wansbeck Gala Day on Station Road, Ashington. It was pouring with rain but this didn’t put us off. I was determined to spread some more awareness of Giving Voice, and kept focusing on the (tiny) bit of blue sky I could see peeping through the clouds. After the lovely weather at the last fair day (June 26th) I was hopeful the day would brighten up. My positivity paid off as about an hour in to the event the sun began to shine (and our coats came off!). I was delighted to see that Ian Lavery, MP for Wansbeck accepted my invitation to visit our stall and he came over to talk to me about Giving Voice. I told him that I have written to him regarding mass mobilisation on October 18th and he said he will look out for my letter :-) I also got a photo of me with Ian Lavery at our stall, which I hope to use to publicise the campaign some more.
Sadly the sunshine did not last long before the rain started again.  The stall was still a success though, and we gave out more than 200 Giving Voice stickers and more than 50 balloons. I also engaged a number of people in conversation about the campaign and speech and language therapy. A few people remembered us from the stall a few weeks ago and came to interact with us further.
We packed up early as the rain just kept getting heavier and showed no sign of stopping. I think the stall was still a success and hopefully at least one of the people who now know about the campaign will go and have a look at the Giving Voice website (www.givingvoiceuk.org) or facebook page J

No comments:

Post a Comment