Giving Voice

Sunday 17 June 2012

Everybody Loves Pens

I was delighted to see that Ian Lavery, MP retweeted my blog and this also led to some other people retweeting it too.  I’m happy to see that my blog is steadily making its ways towards 6000 page views! It means a lot that people are interested in reading it.
Last Monday I went to see Patrick Monahan (Winner of ITV1's 'Show Me The Funny') and Lost Voice Guy at Hoochie Coochie in Newcastle. I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to speak to both of them on the night. It was nice to catch up with Lost Voice Guy and I even got a photo with him! It was good to hear about all the gigs he’s been doing and how surreal he is still finding it all. He had some new material on the night and the audience loved him!

Me with Lost Voice Guy!

There were some other great comedians on the night too: Simon Donald (from The Viz), Abi Roberts and Ben Messenger.
It was also great to meet Patrick Monahan and I took the opportunity to thank him for retweeting my blog. He said it was his pleasure and I got a hug (sadly I wasn’t quick enough for a photo opportunity!) I gave him a Giving Voice pen with which he seemed delighted! It appears that Everybody Loves Pens! Patrick’s stand up was really good and I tweeted him to tell him this. I was delighted that he replied to my tweet and I look forward to seeing him again in the future.

Patrick Monahan on stage


Speech and Language Therapy Transforms Lives

No comments:

Post a Comment