Giving Voice

Saturday 23 June 2012

Pink Ladies, T Birds and 'Him off the Viz'

This afternoon I went to see my niece perform in a short production of Grease at a Young Carer’s event in South Shields. Before the production began, brilliant comedian Simon Donald (Him off the Viz) was entertaining the audience. He was absolutely fantastic and had the audience roaring with laughter. I saw him at Hoochie Coochie, Newcastle a few weeks ago when I went to see Patrick Monahan and Lost Voice Guy and thought he was fantastic then. I didn’t know he was going to be at today’s event so it was a very pleasant surprise. It was lovely seeing a different style of comedy from him which had adults and children equally amused!


Simon entertaining the audience!

The production of Grease was great and my niece made a lovely Pink Lady! After the performance my niece and I got our photo taken with Simon Donald. I told him that I am a Newly Qualified Speech and Language Therapist campaigning with Giving Voice and I gave him a leaflet and a pen (always be prepared!). He seemed genuinely pleased that I’d given him a gift and then I asked him to sign a Giving Voice leaflet, with which he happily agreed.
Me, Simon Donald and Toni
A very exciting afternoon all round! If you want to check out his website it’s www.simondonald.com.

Speech and Language Therapy Transforms Lives

Simon Donald's Autograph!

No comments:

Post a Comment